With that said I hope to one day be able to take pleasure in taking my future family to many adventurous places.
I know this is random but part of the trip..My mom mentioned her back hurt from pulling dead tomato plants from underneath. Then my dad packed up our 4 wheelers and my mom goodies for us to eat then we all jumped in ready for the heat!
We listened to music and talked a bit then before you know Aftan was out for the rest of the trip! :) jk. No, but I am known to sleep in the car as soon as it starts. I also worked a night shift that day so I was pretty tired! I did wake up for our first pit stop which is never too far from home! You see us Godfreys like to eat! Moms Cafe in Salina Utah I’ve heard its good people but we were not impressed at all! Ashley Judd did stop by there once and left a signed picture...that was pretty cool.
With hours of driving and my dad never excelling past 50 ( thats my dad! He reminds me of one of my friends) we FINALLY made it to our hotel it was close to Zion’s National Park that’s all I could tell. While my dad and bro checked in I did a little dance for my mom and then we laughed and giggled until we all settled in.
MORNING! I LOVE THE MORNINGS!! Were always up and ready before the sun rises....Why??? My dad always believes when you’re on vacation you wake up early to start your day! He always says 'come On Time is wasten', you can always sleep in when you’re at home he will say! But just a little secret between you and me my dad is always like this! Up at 5am, to bed at 8pm!!! and remember # 1 rule don't wake him:) Yeah imagine that rule while growing up :) So it’s about 6:00 in the morning and were eating breakfast at the hotel lodge when my bro finds a wrapper in his orange juice! Yuck. Our first conversation that day that put a smile on my face. My brother Mitch doesn’t finish his breakfast cuz he says “I hate a full stomach." My mom says " You'll get used to it." Aftan says " I always feel that way" My dad says " I have never felt that." All in a sec. It was funny! To me ha! Ok, another reason I love going on V-K with my dad because he always shares with us random info and asks us questions and turns it into some game. For instance at breakfast he asked us' How many people turn 100 each day in the US'? Mitch won! It was 210 people!
On the way to the sand dunes my dad shared with us this... "you know my father once had a hitch that we all helped create this earth and depending on what part we helped with we get a special feeling when standing in that place, mine is the desert!" He loves the desert:) (He used to ride horseback with my grandpa to a lot of places for miles. Can't do that much now.)If that was true than I must of been a big helper because I love and have a good feeling while at sea or in the mountains and the... YEAH not so much the desert but a lot of places:) But interesting thought!
So my mom and I are the first one to ride on the sand we dont get 25 yards before we sink in the sand!! We just started laughing like what are we going to do...we can't ride in the sand with these 4-wheelers?! My came and got us out he threw it in to 4wheel drive and we were able to go! :) Anyway, theres the klampets for ya again :)
Little side note my mom had a hard time walking because of her back but she kept on riding!
Mitch got pulled over for being on a small motorcycle and not wearing a helmet! hahaha the cop thought he was under 16! Apparently, my bro always gets pulled over for his age. The cop says some of these young folks under estimate the power of these things and get hurt! It only goes 10mph if that. My bro was so mad. When the cop asked how old are you son? He said enough to die for this country!! He is 19 :) This is the size My Bro got busted on! Let's be honest we could all underestimate the power of this thing? Right??
It's funny how the trip home is always faster than leaving home! We missed our dogs and they missed us!!! All 6 of them:) Yep, but thats another blog :)I’m happy to say that my mom’s back got a lot better within a few days! I’m sorry mom I know how it feels! Aftan got some sun my mom was worried about how white I was.
For all those who have never gone to the sand dunes I would recommend it.. 23,000 acres of incredibly soft sand is a lot of exploring and fun!! Thanks Dad and Mom it was a blast!!! Can't say it is something I would get into though :) too expensive. I had some pretty cool videos but I showed them to a friend and all they did was laugh at me...So to safe the embarrassment I didn’t add them and I just dont think the pic or the video did those huge hills justice :)
My feet instantly sank in the sand!
WARNING: Pulling dead Tomato Plants is hazardous for ones health!
DANGER! DANGER!.....really those Tomato plants are vicious!!! They fight back!



7 comments:
haha yeah i wouldnt put up those videos even if they worked ;) good job. keep posting you will like or not like it now. but in the future your be happy with the more you post.
Jay beat me to a comment! :) My Internet wasn't working for a while there after I got off the phone with you. And something is seriously wrong with poor Seattle's wrist! I'm going to take her to the clinic tomorrow if it doesn't get better by morning. Anyway . . . 'love the blog! I love hearing your stories! :D I wish I was right there with you for the whole thing, it sounded like a blast! I've never been to the sand dunes . . . or Disneyland, or Hawaii . . . hey, but YOU have (why didn't you bring your bf, where's the love?! jk )!! :P lol But I am so glad that you get to do those fun things with your family, you guys are awesome. And by the way, I want to see those videos, I don't care what you guys say!!
Hey looks like you guys had a great time! I love they pictures and keep posting. love ys Jmaie
Greg and I felt a lot like that at the beach in Hawaii. We showed up at the beach with our snorkling gear on and we got about knee deep in the water before the life guard blew his whistle and kicked us off. Ya, the waves were really high, but who said we weren't good swimmers??? Other people were on the beach and in the water. It must have been our white, fat bodies that gave us away. We didn't fit in many places that we went, but it was still way fun. I love reading your blogs. Your a good writer. Love ya
Les
What a fun vacation, I have never been to sand dunes, that sounds like so much fun, I want to have a vacation like that sometime!
Hey Aftan, those are great pictures and I enjoyed reading your post! I'm glad you had fun with your family. I miss you, wish we still work together. Take care!
ROFL!
I'm agreeing with your Mom...well that and shoveling snow, it's a beggar.
Man it sounds like a blast with your family :] They remind me of mine and I love hanging with those nuts! (Even with a brother old enough to die for his country!) Buahahahaha
Ok, so I loved this blog, it was funny and insightful and totally hilarious. Made me feel like I was there and part of it for the day. Beverly Hillbillies be darned :]
I am so sorry I didn't add you to my blog. Jas let me know tonight...so I'm adding the last e-mail I had for you. (@hotmail) Check your junk mail folder on there!
Take care, great hearing from ya!
Suz
Post a Comment