Wife swap is a tv show about two seperate families swapping wives for two weeks.They usually have completely different backgrounds and beliefs. The one I watched today was an extreme christian home and a family that was athiest. The one mother who came from an athiest home actually grew up mormon. As a woman and now a mother of her own she believes in No God and that you can express yourself the way you want. They have frequent parties with drinking and pole dancing involved. Yeah! They had a pole in the middle of there front room and they dance during these parties. The crazy thing of it all is they let there kids join all this! They spend 1000 dollars each month or something like that yet no money for their kids. So far they have spent over 35 thousand dollars on tattoos.
Now the other christian family do not let there kids leave there house. There will be no talking to boys until there 16. The mother gets to choose there outfits each day. They believe in the man law which means the women do ALL the cleaning and cooking and the men work. HA, so even there little boy gets to do NO chores and the girls get stuck with all the cleaning!
HAHA so you can imagine this episode! It was pretty funny to watch but the atheist husband really hit me hard as much as the christain family was trying to inforce Christ on there kids. The other parents were inforcing NO Christ. :( The father actually threw away a bible in the garbage and said thats where that belongs...:( It made me so sad to seee this. It was horrible and the worst thing about it was his younger son backing him up saying how horrible the bible was and God does not exist. He is no older than 8 I would say....Does he really believe that on his own or was it because of his parents??
Then I started to think once again just how important raising your kids and family is!! I love my family and my son. My mom is my world. She has always been there to support me no matter what! She was my number one fan making it to all my softball games. Today we went down to the local gas station to get my moms daily cookie and diet coke. No matter where my mom goes everyone knows her and she has the most outgoing bubbly personality:) As I sat back and watched her with the regular coffee drinkers and watched them laugh I realized just how many people my mom reaches out to. I LOVE that about her! She is the kindest woman I know. And really forgiving too. Her kids mean the world to her. She would never go on a trip unless her kids went too. :) OUR happiness is her Happiness! I have always written notes to my mom ever sense I was a little girl. She said she always knew she was going to get a note from me after school. She has a kept a few of them :) My family has always been my core. :) Instead of hanging out with friends I was home with my mom. Yeah this probably hurt my social life in Highschool but I would do it all over again...maybe;) To this day if I get to spend the day with my mom and someone else I love I fill COMPLETE :) She puts a smile on my face, I couldnt ask for another mother she puts so much laughter and fun into any moment :)
She is now getting a blessing so I have to hurry but we got the phone call today from the doc and turns out her thyroid was canerous. So now she might have to go through some kemo treatment. ? Not sure whats going on...Anyway, I love my family and now my personal family:)



3 comments:
I love your mom also! She is so amazing! I am sorry to hear the news though. Let me know if there is anything I can do! We love you!
It is pretty sad when you see someone deny Christ and then take their family down with them, it's hard too isn't it?
And to see the entire other direction...that is awful too. I remember hearing the talk in GC, about how it is so hard to see someone say they are allowing their children to choose what religion they will belong to, but give them nothing to decide with. (We have family that actually believe this!) It's hard to see, their children make awful decisions because the parents just can't be held accountable for their own actions.
Your mother sounds truly wonderful Aftan, you are so lucky to have her. It's good to remember just how important they are to us, and how important they are to our happiness and life, and what they have taught us. My Mom is just deciding to go back to Church with us...I realize it's time she needs God too. (I bet that wife swap mom will hit that sooner or later...her trials aren't over yet!)
Take care!
Hey Aftan, It's Judy! So sorry to hear about your mom, hope everything goes well! I love your blog and I think you're an amazing woman and mother! Hope you're doing well too!!!
Post a Comment